Thursday, October 10, 2013

GOOD NEWS!!

Wow!!! I feel like we finally got our very first piece of good news throughout the last four years. Yesterday, I had my first ultrasound for my IVF cycle to see how my follicles are growing. The day before my ovaries had already been feeling tender and sore so I was hoping it was a good sign since I didn't feel so sore so early on during our first IVF attempt. Turns out it was a good sign!! It's still pretty early to get a closer number to how many eggs to expect to be retrieved, BUT I have a much better start than I did last time.

As my doctor start measuring follicles on my first ovary I was just counting how many "small" follicles I had...follicles that were behind the majority of the rest. I counted three on my first ovary, then the doc asked the nurse, "how many total did I give you?" Nurse responds, "10." TEN!!!! How moly!! My heart jumped for joy, I was already SO happy! Even if you minus the smaller follicles from the ovary that still means I had seven growing follicles, which is AWESOME! During my last IVF, I had seven follicles total and then when they retrieved the eggs, they only retrieved five...two of the follicles didn't have eggs in them, they were empty. So already just on one ovary I have as many follicles as I did during our whole attempt for the previous IVF.

Then the doc started measuring my other ovary. There I counted two small follicles, but there was a total of nine!! So technically, I have 19 growing follicles right now, with five smaller ones. We are ecstatic! This is the first time I've felt like we actually gotten some really, really stellar news about fertility stuff. And I'm reveling in it!! I'm legitimately so excited about our doctors appointment tomorrow. Tomorrow, they will be able to estimate a better number of eggs for retrieval and they will probably decide what day for sure they will be doing the retrieval (probably Tuesday or Wednesday).

After our doc appointment yesterday, I called my mom to tell her the GREAT news and she screamed and yelled and celebrated just like we were doing! Yes, I know this doesn't mean I'm going to get pregnant, but we have a hell of a lot better chance with more eggs. And yes, I'm going to ignore the fact that I'm not pregnant yet and completely focus on one day at a time and be happy and excited and hopeful one day at a time. I knew it my heart this IVF would go better than the last, I just knew it. And I'm so thankful for that!

Wow!!! I'm an egg factory baby! And proud of it! My ovaries are kickin' butt! One of my very close friends, endearingly started calling me "Egg Head" when I told her the good news. So...

Egg Head out.

No comments:

Post a Comment